Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Writing Mistake #1

OK this may be a shocker...

Writing mistake #1 is: NOT WRITING.

Now I knew this already, but silly me, I decided to take a break over Christmas.

Let me tell you, bad idea. I left off in a place I was having trouble with and instead of pushing through and just getting it done, I avoided it.

And what happens when you avoid something you don't want to tackle?

It gets worse.

So this week my Mom took the boys so I should have plenty of time to catch up on writing.

Wrong.

Monday I avoided writing (pleasant side-effect: the kitchen stayed spotless all day).

Tuesday I sat down to write and got only 124 words, and it was pulling teeth to get that.

Today was a little better, so far I've written 387 words and the going has been slightly easier.

The moral of this story is: don't stop writing!

No comments: